Congratulations to Daisy, our Senior Director!
Enjoy a Shampoo experience or Beauty Ritual!
Enjoy a Shampoo experience or Beauty Ritual!
Our favorite services are featured just for you!
Summer is the time to go on family vacations, camping trips, and explore new activities. We know you play hard, so let us help you kick back and relax before summers over with our range of services and treatments. We have just what you need to unwind in style. Relax with our exclusive Aurelio Salon Shampoo experience or upgrade to a Beauty Ritual! So if you’re in the neighborhood, stop by and check out our latest services, or book an appointment with us today.
Dare to go bare?
Dare to go bare? Healthy skin’s natural look. In middle of the summer, it’s not ideal for us ladies to be wearing a full covered look, however with Dermalogica’s high performance products we can wear a sheer veil and let our natural beauty glow!
For consistently clear and smooth skin, you are going to need a consistent skin care regimen. In order to establish one, we recommend coming in for a complimentary skin mapping with a Dermalogica specialist; this is where we analyze your skin type, problem areas, and any other concerns you may have. Choosing a professional skin care line, such as Dermalogica, you will achieve instant and long term improvement to the quality of your skin.
Our Sheer Tint/Cover Tint’s multi-functional, advanced formulas provide lasting coverage for a smoother, even finish – all while delivering superlative skin treatment and protection benefits! So, it’s okay to go to the beach with just some moisturizer, and you can cannonball into the pool. Embrace a beautiful and bare summer, Dermalogica has got you covered!
#GoBare #NakedSummer #Dermalogica #HealthySkin #LovetheSkinyourin #Glow #Beauty #AurelioSalon
Call us today for a skin mapping !
How to Revitalize Damaged Beach Hair!
How to Revitalize Damaged Beach Hair
by Alicia Kiwacz
While summer is great it can take a toll on our hair. Whether its the Ocean or the chlorine of a pool, mix them with the Sun and its the perfect recipe for Damaged Beach Hair. What is a girl suppose to do to revitalize that damaged hair?
After a Swim-
Do not brush hair immediately after you swim! This will increase the breakage of split ends since hair is already in a dry and brittle state. Instead, spray KMS MoistRepair leave in conditioner on ends of the hair. After applying the leave in conditioner, spray our KMS HairPlay Sea Salt Spray to add texture, volume, and beach waves to your post- beach hair.
When there is no time to shower-
Before you brush through hair to style, apply a small amount of KMS TameFrizz smoothing lotion to hair. Then apply one or two pumps, depending on dryness of hair, focusing on the ends. Then use a wet brush and smooth hair. Style as desired!
In the Shower-
After a week of being in the sun, it is crucial to use a deep conditioner. KMS MoistRepair Therapy Treatment repairs hair from the compromising elements and restores bounce and elasticity. This treatment will replace lost oils and minerals from the hair, which are essential for growth and health. After you shower, blow dry and style hair with your KMS Style Equation.
This Week’s Availability at a Glance for week of 8/11/14
This Week’s Availability at a Glance:
-New Zone Touch-Up & Haircut, Element 5 Stylist 12:00 PM
-GK Smoothing Treatment, Element 2 Stylist 1:00 PM
-Partial/ Full Highlight & Blowout, Element 1 Stylist 4:00 PM
-Blowout, Element 1 Stylist 11:00 AM
-Haircut & Style, Element 3 Stylist 12:15 PM
-Hair Removal, Element 2 Stylist 3:00/3:45/4:15 PM
-Deep Conditioning Treatment with Braided Finish, Element 4 Stylist 10:00 AM
-Blowout & Style, Element 3 Stylist 1:30 PM
-Men’s Cut, Element 1 Stylist 6:45 PM
-Shampoo Experience with Available Upgrade, Element 1 Stylist 1:00 PM
-Kid’s Cut, Element 1 Stylist 3:30 PM
-Make-Up Refresher, Element 2 Stylist 5:00 PM
-Partial/ Full Highlight & Haircut, Element 2 Stylist 9:00 AM
-Blowout & Style, Element 1 Stylist 10:00 AM
-Hair Removal, Element 2 Stylist 12:45 PM
-New Zone Touch-Up & Blowout, Element 3 Stylist 2:30 PM
What the right Hair Brush? Thermal Round Brush or Boar Bristle Brushes?
When to use: Thermal Round Brush or Boar Bristle Brushes? by Alicia Kiwacz
When most people are deciding between which brushes to purchase, they are often challenged in understanding why brushes are made from different compositions, why they work, and how they work. Here’s the concept behind it all!
Although both provide similar end results, each has a specific design to meet the needs every woman’s (or man’s) hair. If you have fine to medium textured hair, a thermal round brush would be best for you. Here’s why; these thermal round brushes are designed to create smoothness and volume in someone who lacks volume, and reduce the frizz in those who have fragile, frizzy strands. The core of these brushes is designed to extend the distribution of heat allowing the hair to shape to the brush. They also contain an ionic complex to replace hair with shine, giving a vivacious appearance.
When dealing with stubborn medium/ coarse hair textures, the best choice for you is the boar bristle brushes. The boar bristles create more stretch and tension for unruly, kinky strands. Thicker hair also tends to frizz, and these brushes have the perfect solution! Not only are these brushes more gentle on the scalp, but they also redistribute the natural oils in your hair giving it reflective, mirror-like shine. Just as the thermal round brushes give you beautiful end results, boar bristle brushes can give you volume, sexy waves, or straighten resistant strands with greater ease.
Sam Villa’s Brushes create smoother and healthier looking hair because of there design. Made with 100% first cut boar bristle and tourmaline infused nylon, which give a smooth shiny finishes together with ionic and ceramic benefits, you’ll curl and smooth hair faster than ever before. Sam Villa hair brushes
Top 12 Reasons To Use Professional Hair Color -vs- Store Bought Color
Top 12 Reasons To Use Professional Hair Color -vs- Store Bought Color
by Taylor Lyons, Hairstylist at Aurelio Salon
- Varying factors when choosing hair color. Two women may have the same level hair color and get to different results when using the same box color. Natural level, underlying pigment (red, ash, etc.), skin tone, medication, hair condition, amount of gray, previous artificial hair color, and hormones all play a factor in how the end result will be. None of these factors are brought into consideration when buying it off the shelf.
- One size doesn’t fit all. Box color is made to color hair ranging from dark brown to light blonde and coarse to fine hair, all with the same box. The agent in box color that activates the lifting and depositing is often at the highest amount allowed in salons or higher! This frequently causes over processing and added stress on the hair.
- Professional, licensed hairstylists went to school for this. Porosity, density, elasticity. Any idea what those mean? Professionals who received their license all went to school and passed their state board exam. Those are all words we throw around daily and know exactly how they all play a factor in the end result of a hair color service. Box color doesn’t give you a brief description as to their meaning; let alone how to test for them.
- Can you see the back of your own head? No matter how many mirrors you have it is hard to do. You may be able to see your own hairline and parts of the front, but what about the back?? Color is meant to go on new growth only! That means your roots that you have grown in up to the line of your previous color. Once you overlap previous color with new harsh chemicals you are not only causing more damage but creating splotchy, uneven color results.
- Misunderstanding about condition. Many people believe coloring your hair is a direct correlation to dry, damaged hair. The professional brands each have their own unique and conditioning agents or complex to condition the hair while coloring. Many even improve the hairs shine and texture. Not to mention healthy hair holds color better and longer.
- Polka dots and bleed marks. Two terms that originated from “cap highlights”. Besides the fact that pulling hair through a plastic cap with something that looks like a fish hook is painful, there is no way to prevent the bleach from swelling at the root and causing bleed marks. Not to mention the holes are all placed in a pattern, no customization for your needs or face/head shape.
- Wanting that celebrity hair color. Beyoncé, Eva Longoria, and Gwen Stefani. Do you think they are buying their own $8 box color and putting it on themselves at home? Or better yet, bringing that box color into a high-end top of the line salon to a certified hair colorist? Not even close. They are paid lots of money to make you believe that.
- Is it EXPIRED How long has it been on the shelf? Is it old? have the active ingredients lost their oomph?
- “NEW” and “Improved” Formula? How often do we see on box labels “new formula” or “improved color”? With the box companies constantly changing their formulas to try and keep up with professional color, how do you expect to get the same result? Professional brands are already made with the client’s hair in mind rather than their wallets. Quality over quantity. Not only is professional safer for the hair, but each color line has various colors, shades, hues, additives, and developers. This way the colorist who is personally looking at your hair can adjust or change your formula as needed instead of some scientist sitting in a lab who’s never seen you before.
- Savings? Most people color their own hair at home to save money. What happens when what you thought was going to turn out blonde is orange? Or the pretty dark brown on the box looks like an ashy green in your hair? You are left with 2 options, walk around with undesired results or go into a salon for a $200+ corrective color service. In the end, professional color may not only save your hair, but your wallet as well. (Side note: The box color has to conform with the same rules as professional color. So when the laws change they have to change there formulas. New Formula New Results…Box color does not train you for that surprise!)
- Changing color is easier said than done. The average person is unaware that artificial color does not lift artificial color. Going from brown to blonde at home is not going to happen. Even going from blonde to dark isn’t easy. Box color doesn’t contain “fillers” or “extra missing pigment”, things the average person doesn’t realize they need. Switching from box to professional also isn’t guaranteed because of the different dyes in the two.
- Friends/Cashier’s advice. When selecting your box dye, do you seek advice from the cashier or a friend? Unless they have been properly trained and know the product line they can’t help you pick a proper color or line based off of your texture, porosity, existing color or hair condition.
Leave it to the professionals. We went to school and invested personal time in learning the ins and outs of the industry. We are required to take a state test. We spend our days making locks look beautiful. After all, our clients are a walking advertisement for us, so we will always do our best to give you the results you were looking for.
This week’s salon’s availability at a glance, June 30th
-Partial Highlight and Haircut with Element 2 Stylist 1:00 PM
-Conditioning Treatment & Blow Out with Element 1 Stylist 5:00 PM
-GK Smoothing Treatment with Element 2 Stylist 2:45 PM
-Hair Removal with Element 2 Stylist 3:30 PM
-Men’s Cut with Element 1 Stylist 6:30 PM
-Shampoo Experience with available upgrade with Element 1 Stylist 12:00 PM
-New Growth Touch-Up and Haircut with Element 3 Stylist 4:30 PM
-Haircut with Element 5 Stylist 9:00 AM
-Partial/ Full Highlight & Blow Out with Element 3 Stylist 11:00 AM
-Men’s Cut with Element 2 Stylist 12:30 PM
-Conditioning Treatment with Element 1 Stylist 1:15 PM
If you are interested in reserving an appointment at any of these times or for other appointments please call Aurelio Salon. Check-In on social media and receive an lesson on some fun summer styles for your hair
This week’s salon’s availability at a glance, June 16th 2014
Aurelio Salon Availability in NJ – Week of June 16 2014
This week’s availability at a glance, June 16th 2014:
-Partial/Full Highlights and Cut or Blow out with Element 4 Stylist 6/17/14 1:00 PM
-Conditioning Treatment with Element 2 Stylist 6/17/14 2:15 PM
-Hair Removal (Eyebrows/ Lip/ Chin) with Element 2 Stylist 3:00 PM
-Mens Cut with Element 2 Stylist 6/17/14 1:30/ 3:00/ 5:15 PM
-Blow Out with Element 1 Stylist 6/17/14 10:00 AM
-New Growth Touch-up and Haircut with Element 3 Stylist 6/18/14 12:00 PM
-Blow Out with Element 4 Stylist 6/18/14 2:30 PM
-Partial/Full Highlights or Conditioning Treatment and Blowout with Element 2 stylist 6/18/14 10:00 AM
-Mens Cut with Element 2 Stylist 6/18/14 3:30/ 4:15 PM
-Partial/Full Highlights and Haircut with Element 4 Stylist 6/19/14 10:00 AM/ 1:00 PM
-Hair Removal (Eyebrows/ Lip/ Chin) with Element 1 Stylist 6/19/14 12:00 PM
If you are interested in reserving an appointment at any of these times or for other appointments please call Aurelio Salon. There are a few spots available still for our Style Equation Event- at 6 PM, 7 PM and 8 PM on this Wednesday June 18th. Call ahead and save your spot before it’s too late!
Pamper yourself!! When you visit us during the month of June, Check-In on social media and receive an upgraded shampoo experience in our lather lounge !
Congratulations to Emily! Her Hip-DO was Featured in 4 of the Salon Industries Sources.
Hip-Do Featured in 4 Salon Industries Sources – Aurelio Salon in New Jersey
Congratulations to Emily! Her Hip-DO was Featured in 4 of the Salon Industries Sources. Check out the links below to see the articles.
Not just for the conservative crowd, mode updos don braids and a palette of vibrant hues. Howell, New Jersey’s Emily Dantoni-a stylist at Aurelio Salon-fashions happening “hipdos” that appeal to trend-conscious clients. The bolder updo debuts just in time for wedding and prom season.
“Combining easy-to-do braids in a wispy whimsical fashion is a great way to approach updos for edgier clients looking for styles that are unique and hip, yet elegant enough for special occasions,” explains Dantoni. “When their color is bold, it makes even more of statement.”
Achieve this hip look:
● On dry hair, determine the face framing pieces by sectioning away the hair that falls before the ears.
● Run a dime-size portion of Goldwell STYLE SIGN Spun Shine Gloss Shine Cream from mids to ends to give fine hair shimmer and soft hold.
● Tease at the crown for height – use discretion to decide how much volume is ideal for the desired result. Smooth the remaining hair back and divide into 3 sections. Individually braid each section and secure each braid with a rubber band.
● Pull the braid on the left over to the right to hide the end and then secure the braid by tucking a bobby pin into the base of the right braid. Repeat for the right braid.
● To place the third and middle braid, gently pull apart the others using a bobby pin, and go undeeath the two along the nape of the neck and secure the ends by tucking. Spray with KMS Califoian HAIR STAY Dry Xtreme Hairspray.
● Let the front pieces down and loosely braid the section closest to the ear and pin above the other braids, pull the rest gently to release shorter layers and pin with braids.
● With a 1″ wand, curl the face frame and finish with KMS Califoian HAIR STAY Dry Xtreme Hairspray for hold and KMS Califoia STYLE SING Diamond Gloss for impressive brilliance.
Check them out Here!
Modern Salon is a soure for information on salon products, hair videos and cosmetology education. http://www.modernsalon.com/hair-photos/how-to/color-texture/HOW-TO-A-Braided-Chigon-The-Perfect-Bridal-Updo-261519391.html
Launchpad, for the latest info in the salon industry, salon professional turn to Launchpad. http://www.beautylaunchpad.com/the-new-up-do-the-hip-do-by-emily-dantoni
The Colorist, a magazine for professional hair colorists, incl. haircolor products, haircolor step-by-steps, hair color trends, celebrity haircolor and more. http://www.thecoloristmag.com/the-new-up-do-the-hip-do-by-emily-dantoni
Written by beauty pros to meet and exceed your needs, Hot by Hair’s How provides: • Latest hair trends. http://hot.hairshow.us/?id=articles&art=1213&idpage=hip_and_happening